Saturday, June 27, 2009

i decided to make this the very last of the Running Series... I have no need for them anymore...

i stopped running

by the river bank, i sat
and watched lil paper boats pass me by
capitals and cursive words, its pages filled
I watched em all sail away, one by one
Beside me was a book, its pages torn
But it still smelled of chocolate sundaes
Its edges still kept a hint of its past

I got up

I dug a hole with my hands
Cold dark earth numbed my fingers
But i kept digging
I folded what's left of the book
and buried you under that February tree

I got up

I reached into myself
Cold hard hands against a warm feeble heart
Yes, it's still there
I turned to look at the distant night sky
Do i miss the moon?
I do
All the stars above?
I do... I do...

But over across the far edge
Suddenly a bucket full of sunshine I see
It tumbled and fumbled
And made a mess of the valley

I chuckled

The bucket shouted at me
"I'm sorry I made a mess
But i guess sometimes u just can't go back no more..."

I turned

Around me the river I see
As clear as ever my reflection is
And next to me stood the tree
It's branches high as its roots are deep

i guess i will never forget this place
because this is where it all started
Standing under that February tree
and as i looked around
i realized, suddenly
there are no more walls
there are no more windows
just the river, tree, and me
and that silly bucket down the valley

I have arrived

here again at the beginning
but things are not the same
as i watch the the paper boats sail away
as i feel the edges of the book under my feet
i know in my heart i am not the same anymore
running made me stronger
knowing made me wiser

so i shouted back at the bucket
"welcome back! we missed you!
but u gotta put ur heart to it
if u wanna make it up here with us.."

"we can talk all night if you want
but hey i hope u dont mind
i am bringing a friend this time
dont worry tho', She doesn't bite..."

I smiled and I looked away
coz I dont think there is ever getting over you

She looked at me and said
"Do not fret
Running made you stronger
Knowing made you wiser
Loving will make u human"

I looked up to gaze upon Her face
and I said, "It's okay....
You can have the bucket
And everything within it
Just remind that silly bucket once in a while
That You love it very much..

"Cos You changed my heart
Made me see this world thru Your eyes
You made me stronger
You made me wiser
Loving will only make me more like You..."

The End

No comments: