Thursday, October 1, 2009

When Reality Sinks In

everything around me in still silence
as i breathe a long sigh
my eyes stares into nothingness
my mind starts to drift away

but my heart pulls me back
gives me two tight slap
like a puppet on a string
i jerk myself back to life

the celebration ended
the parade stopped
now the streets are left empty
quiet and barren, i hear the wind speak

this is reality
this is now
and it's now or never

yes, it's really simple to be happy
but i find it's even easier to just slip away
slip away into the temptation of just hiding
just plain ol cowardly hiding

is it alright to say that i am scared?
yes i am scared...
i feel so foolish..
standing here in the middle of His providence
yet i shrink away in fear and doubt
i feel so foolish..
claiming to be the son of the Almighty God
yet my eyes tremble instead of looking up
where my help comes from...

this is reality
this is now
and it's now or never

Teach me to rid myself of selfish desires
Teach me to not depend on mountain moments
Teach me to believe for greater things
Teach me to understand that even when i make my bed in the depths of hell
You are with me

Yes, this is reality
and You are with me

2 comments:

charhcy said...

Hey....are you ok?

Richard Lee Mun Chun said...

yea, im ok char char..=) just well, was having my own share of.. emoness? lol.. thanks for the concern..